Deadline is March 2, 2018

This is a VVUSD graduation requirement! 

Click here for a FAFSA How-To Packet

Click here for a FAFSA Info Packet

As a district, our student's college and career readiness is more important now than ever before. It is imperative that
our students have the knowledge and tools to navigate their way through many career paths and college choices that
are available to them as they transition into young adults. There is not one single path that suits every student. We
want to ensure that every student has a plan for success upon completion of high school. This means we will continually
engage students in activities that expose them to the tools and resources available that support planning for their future.
One aspect of this planning is completing the Free Application for Free Student Aid, also known as the FAFSA. The potential
benefits for completing this process could assist in your student receiving free money for furthering their education. 

You will also need to file the FAFSA if you plan to apply to any of the following: 

  • CalGrant
  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Athletic Scholarships
  • CA Board of Governors Waiver (BOG Waiver)
  • Middle Class School (Family income ceiling 150K)
  • GI Bill/Military Service Grants
  • Foster Youth CHAFEE Grant
  • Child Development Grant
  • Any school or program that receives federal funds will require FAFSA submission for the student to qualify for funding.  


- Student social security number
- Date of birth
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address

- Social security number for Student and Parents
- Parent/Student 2016 Tax returns
- Bank statements, mortgage info & business ventures
- List of colleges you’re applying for
- Parents date of birth, marriage, separation or divorce*
- Driver’s License/Green Card*
    *If applicable

CA Dream Act
- Alien Registration Number
- Individual Taxpayer ID Number*
- W-2 forms and other 2016 records of income *
- 2016 income tax return(s)*
- Records of child support paid*
- Current bank statements*
- Current stock, bond, and other investment records*
- Current business and farm records*
    *If applicable